Year-to-year, the severity and frequency of bad weather is anyone’s guess. But, inevitably, a lot of homeowners end up dealing with property damage as a result of storms.
The most common type of property damage we see is roof and siding damage following heavy winds and/or hail.
If your home is damaged in a storm, you might be feeling very overwhelmed and not even sure where to start, and a storm can cause so much damage, such as knocking hydro wires down, or fallen trees landing on your fence, roof or car. After the wind has gone, you need to walk the exterior of your home to get an idea of the Damage done and to make sure your home is still safe to live in.
Below are some tips to help you after a storm has damaged your home:
- Listen to advisories and other instructions
- Do not go outside until it has been declared safe
- Don’t go near downed power lines, and avoid any standing water or metal objects that are near any downed wires
- Leave and do not enter any buildings that have structural Damage
- Do not go near damaged trees or any dangling or broken limbs
- If you smell gas, turn the gas off at the meter
- If you need to drive, watch for undermined roads, and avoid driving through any flooded streets or bridges
- Make sure your sewer system is working
- Keep your pets indoors and leash them if they have to go outside
Storms can cause a variety of problems, and some of them can be dangerous. So it is crucial to be aware of any possible harmful situations that you can happen upon, including downed power lines, jagged windows, flooding, or broken gas lines. These situations are hazardous and need to be approached carefully. If you are smelling gas, do not re-enter your home.
Faster Storm Damage Response Time
Without warning, nature can take a violent turn: floods, wildfires, tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards. Any of these can have a devastating effect on the business you have worked hard to build. SERVPRO OF COLTON/LOMA LINDA/GRAND TERRACE is Faster to any size disaster. Response time is critical, not only to mitigate your damages but to get your business back up and running quickly. SERVPRO professionals can handle anything from minor commercial storm damage to a large-loss event. Our Disaster Recovery Teams can respond quickly because we have a network of storm teams strategically positioned across the country ready to respond 24/7. SERVPRO OF COLTON/LOMA LINDA/GRAND TERRACE responds to large-scale events such as hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, wildfires and polar vortexes.JUST CALL (909) 514-1900