Biohazard Clean Up
WHAT DOES BIOHAZARD MEAN?
- A Biological hazard, or a biohazard, is a biological substance that poses a threat to the health of a living organisims, primarily humans. This could include a sample of a microorganism, virus or toxin that can adversely affect human health.
- Human blood and blood products. This includes items that have been contaminated with blood and other body fluids or tissues that contain visible blood.
- Animal waste. Animal carcasses and body parts, or any bedding material used by animals that are known to be infected with pathogenic organisms.
- Human body fluids. Semen, cerebrospinal fluid, pleural fluid, vaginal secretions, pericardial fluid, amniotic fluid, saliva, and peritoneal fluid.
- Microbiological wastes. Common in laboratory settings, examples of microbiological wastes include specimen cultures, disposable culture dishes, discarded viruses, and devices used to transfer or mix cultures.
- Pathological waste. Unfixed human tissue (excluding skin), waste biopsy materials, and anatomical parts from medical procedures or autopsies.
- Sharps waste. Needles, glass slides and cover slips, scalpels, and IV tubing that has the needle attached.
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences. A failure to properly remove such substances can contribute to unhealthy and dangerous environments. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are trained to safely clean and remove biohazardous substances and dispose of them properly in accordance with OSHA and health regulations.
Equipped with the necessary safety apparatus and cleaning products, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are here to help transform any unsafe environments back into clean, safe homes and offices.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean. Through our specialized viral pathogen-cleaning program, Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, we’ve helped tens of thousands of businesses nationwide keep their doors open. If you encounter a positive COVID case, call on the experts you can trust. Backed by an industry-leading training program and over 50 years of experience in biohazard decontamination, let SERVPRO professionals instill safety and confidence in everyone who enters your space with a higher standard of clean.
The SERVPRO Franchise Professionals provide cleanup and recovery services for many biohazard situations. These include the following:
- Coronavirus - viral pathogen
- Sewage backups
- Crime scene residues
- Suicide/death accidents
- Homicide cleanups
- Blood cleanup
- Accident cleanup
- Hoarding scenes
- Animal waste/remains
- Chemical spills
- Tear gas cleanup
- Meth lab cleanup
Need Biohazard Cleanup?
Call Us Today 909-514-1900
The decontamination of a home or business due to trauma, sewage backups, chemical spills, hoarding, or other biohazards can be both dangerous and emotional. Specialized training and experience is key when choosing a cleanup company to resolve these circumstances.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazard emergencies don’t always happen during regular business hours, and that’s why SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can expect an immediate response time, day or night.